Skip to main content

tv   Media Buzz  FOX News  September 20, 2015 2:00pm-3:01pm PDT

2:00 pm
us and media buzz is up next. h >> on the buzz beater, donald trump flames the media for slamming his decision not to correct a questioner who called president obama a muslim and not american and is back making the case on the sunday show. is that an important story? this after the media pronounced carly fiorina the undisputed winner of the debate. acting as a megaphone who had to fight her way on to the cn in the stage. >> the big name last night was carly fiorina. >> fiorina was phenomenal. >> i loved fiorina. she had a hugely powerful moment that everyone loved. >> fiorina was in another league last night. >> fiorina owned the debate from the going until the end. >> mr. trump, why would you --.
2:01 pm
>> if i could say this, she cannot run my companies. >> you ran up mountains of debt and losses using other people's money and you were forced to file for presentcy not once, not twice, four times, a record four times. >> are the pundits too quick to write off donald trump? did jake tapper go too far prodding the other candidates to mix it sunday. >> i am jake tapper 9 more operator. >> governor christie's name has been invoked and i give him 30 seconds. we will get --. >> just a moment. >> jake? >> jake? governor bush. >> jake? >> jake? >> jake? >> no, no, no. >> jake, did this yy let the three hour debate get out-of-control? hillary clinton makes the late night debut.
2:02 pm
>> never let me touch that? >> want to touch mine? sure. >> sure. >> okay. >> it is real! it's real! >> does that help her struggling campaign? pope francis is in cuba, check in on the mass he is holding and why much of the media and the country love this trail blazing pontiff. >> and fox news anchor general that lee takes on cone cope over a joke that lightened her to a important star. she will tell us why she feels compelled to speak out. i am howard kurtz and this is "media buzz." >> the media now pouncing on donald trump for what he did not say, covering a moment at a new hampshire townhall when trump failed to challenge this man. >> we have a problem in this country: muslims. we know our current president is
2:03 pm
one. he is not even an american. >> we need this quote --. >> we have training camps where they want to kill us that is my question. when can we get --. >> we will look at a lot of different things and people are say that and they are saying that bad things are happening out there. >> you do not pander to every loud mouth in your audience. >> this is racist crap of course and it is to me the original sin of donald trump. >> gin to us talk about this uproar and the cnn handling is mercedes schlapp columnist for united states news and aide to george w. bush, and andrea mccarren former correspondent for nbc and abc and joe trippi fox news contributor and strategist. huge media controversy with the moment with donald trump and even news anchors ripping him. are the media justifying in
2:04 pm
saying he should correct him? >> it is not the media's role to justify or tell trump what he should or should not say. >> but --. >> again, it was -- they became an opinion voice out in saying, he is a racist, his commend was incorrect, he should have challenged the man. donald trump is going to play his own game and ignore the game. voters are saying go at it you do not need to respond to the media criticism of you. >> but he went silent for 24 hours and he is not ignoring the media, andrea, talk about the media and the war on christians so he is able to diffuse this by blaming the press? >> no. i should say that unlike some journalists i am willing to give donald trump the benefit of the doubt. that being said, he could have easy deflected that moment by
2:05 pm
handling it graciously as john mccain did in 2008 when fielding a similar question. he did not. unlike the other 11 candidates on that main stage, he had a unique responsibility to answer to that question. why? because he spent so much time and effort trying to tell american voters that president obama because not an american. >> when that has come up, he has deflected it but not renounced what he said about raising questions of the birth certificate. i want to play for you, joe trippi what trump said last night, and calling in to three sunday cools, abc, cnn, nbc saying the same thing. take a look. >> the president is going crazy and they all wanted to see me and i said for the first time in my life i got in trouble by not saying anything. am i morale obligated to defend
2:06 pm
the president every time somebody says something bad or controversy about him? i don't think so. >> the express going crazy as trump said. >> this all exposes liberal bias of the press. i'm a liberal, and appalled he did not correct the guy but the fact is we are covering the republican primary. nearly 50 percent of the republican primary voters believe what donald trump is saying, and that who he is playing to the last two years. >> wait, wait, wait a second. >> this is not someone trashing the president and he has no obligation to respond. it is a fact that president obama according to his birth certificate was upon in hawaii in 1916 and he has attended christian church including the one with the raving of wright and you are saying the press is showing liberal bias by not correcting the factual aspect? >> no, no, correcting the fact out but the focus of this is not
2:07 pm
how appalled everyone or the press should be or whether it was right or wrong but how does this impact the republican primary and it cannot hurt him if he is appealing to the 50 percent of republican whose believe this. >> there is expectation with trump he needs to respond in a certain way. for example, trump does not need to defend the president or be the president's spokes p person but it is unfair that trump will cent these statements or challenge the we person being questioned. >> agree the express out of line? >> they are focusing on the wrong thing. where is, where are the other people of the republican party? it is not his responsibility. it should be somebody's responsibility. >> and they could do just that. some republicans. >> that is what they should be reporting. >> i have to defend the press.
2:08 pm
it is our responsibility to follow up as we would with a follow-up question. this is not ethical but a question about accuracy. >> i agree with that but don't have that expectation that donald trump has to respond in a certain way because it is not good enough. >> if there is a tone to it --. >> at the cnn debate there were a lot of questions for donald trump and the other ten candidates and i knew the second this happened this would be the soundbite that would be relayed again and again involving carly fiorina. >> donald trump said the follow and i quote, "look at that face, would anyone vote for that." it is interesting to me donald trump said that he heard mr. bush very clearly and what mr. been said. i think women all over this country heard very clearly what mr. trump said.
2:09 pm
i think she has a beautiful face and she a beautiful woman. >> and i think you have a beautiful face, as well. she was the winner of the debate, no question but as we played, everyone is gushing over carly fiorina, going a little overboard? no, clearly she won the debate. and i think it was fine for the media to make that statement. >> the best bet for the presidency on the basis of one debate. thank you is the one behind that would tip it but the other stories that trick cold out all about, yes, she woman the debate but now she has to worry about campaign structure. >> some people did that but the effect is that carly fiorina -- it helps. >> you agree with rush limbaugh who said that the news media is trying to pick our candidate and
2:10 pm
she is the flavor of the week? carly did a round of morning interviews and was asked, why didn't you smile during the debate? >> thank you is absurd. part of media gushing over carly fiorina has a down side, she is held to a ridiculous double standard. >> a male candidate would not get that question? >> does anyone ask scott walker why they doesn't smile? ben carson didn't smile. no one asked them about that. nobody talks about their wardrobe. scott walker, by the say, said in an interview the media narrative was decided in advance that everyone would say carly fiorina won, in advance. >> the flip side of all of the positive press for carly fiorina, much deserve by the press corps who wrote her off,
2:11 pm
is that trump was hurt by this and he had a bad night and hooked uncomfortable at times and i wonder if, again, joe, the pundits are too quick to write off trump? >> people have lost all perspective on what is happening. if 24 or 22 million people are watching, the donald trump is right. a vast majority of them are tuning in to see him. they are tuning in to see him the you are not -- if 48 million tune in to see him you are not moving the numbers as much as pundit whose sit back and are sure carly fiorina won this thing, and i think she did, but it will not show up in the polls. >> the media have changed the mayorive and it has gone from donald trump mania to carly fiorina mania. >> trump is say he won? >> cnn, several of the news organizations came out saying trump won but these are not
2:12 pm
scientific. he said in the tweets that he won. >> there is a new cnn poll trump 24 percent and carly fiorina at 15 percent. in second place. beckon "meet the press," said he would not advocate a muslim becoming president of the united states. is this going to blow up in the next 24 hours as the media say that is something that no candidate should say because you are talking about a woke group of people? >> it is going to blow up but, again, in the perspective of a republican primary where my guess is this is a huge part of the republican voter pool that believe exactly what carson said. >> it will be interesting to see a poll like that, interesting to say other than 42 percent of republicans. >> and all of donald trump statements blew up and it worked. >> so it is possible that ben carson wanted attention.
2:13 pm
this is what i mean, i would be apearland by that statement but i am not a republican. >> and we are not in danger of you becoming one. >> ahead, fox and jenna lee and conan o'brian. see your lexus dealer.
2:14 pm
when your windshield needs for these parents, driving. around was the only way... ...to get their baby to sleep. so when their windshield got cracked, we can't drive this car they wanted it fixed right... ...so they scheduled with safelite. our exclusive trueseal technololgy means a strong... ...reliable bond, every time. at safelite we stand behind our work... night, night little buddy. ...because the ones you love, sit behind it. that's another safelite advantage. (softly) ♪safelite repair, safelite replace♪
2:15 pm
2:16 pm
. politico called te- >> "politico" called it the three hour debate from hell and cnn did exactly what he said he would do in the messy marathon, push and roted and poke the candidates and take each other
2:17 pm
on. >> you have dismissed him as an entertainer. would you feel comfortable with donald trump finger on the nuclear code? >> governor bush told me last week when i read him the quote from governor jindal that he agrees you are not a serious candidate. >> tell donald trump why his ideas on taxes are wrong. you are a pediatric neurosurgeon should mr. trump stop saying this? >> the approach of rounding up all of the bad things this have been said $that work? >> 23 million watched it so i guess to some extent but it felt more like reality television and i am not sure that serves the american people. they care about jobs. the economy. terrorism, health care. a we will do to help our veterans. i don't think by goading the canidates into bullying helped the people to understand where they stand in terms of policy.
2:18 pm
asome of the changes were substandive and a last it was he said he didn't like your face but it is a different style than fox use when the candidates were pressed with detailed questions. they mixed it up but not, he said this about you. >> the fox news debate was like catholic schools, routine, but cnn was like the unstructured schools, how do you feel, let's talk about personalities. it was such a different approach both have benefits. >> the most used word of the night was "jake, jake, jake." it should not have been. >> that races a related question. one entertaining aspect of the debate is the many faces of the trump. they did not use a bell, so,
2:19 pm
tapper had to cut them off and then it was describe, jake and did it seem to be out of control. >> it got out-of-control. but, again, jake tapper did exactly what he said he would do, mix it up, let the candidates have it out. the problem with that were two-fold: to go after each other so hillary clinton and president obama suffered no blows at all during the entire debate because of the way it was structured. in the other, they did not get to economy and the economic issues that i believe voters are interested in because they were not beating up each other on the economy. >> and they did not get very much to mike huckabee and scott walker and marco rubio getting as few as two or three substantive questions and trying to bust in, so, the front runners always get more time. >> if you have not said anything bad about anyone this is no reason to ask you a question.
2:20 pm
>> interesting. >> let me ask you about, three moderators, low jake tapper asked the lion's share of the questions and there was this moment. play it for the viewers. >> he said that donald trump is maybe the best interview this is anywhere that he has ever done and now, unless he was just saying that on cnn to be nice but he said that. >> you are the best interview in america. >> we had a misunderstanding in terms of pronunciation of a word. >> we may see a kinder, gentler, donald trump in the days ahead. you think how gracious he was in the spin room. >> what do you make of the way that hugh responded? >> everyone has a crush on trump. >> you watch even chris cuomo or
2:21 pm
any televisions, when they interview trump there is a sense of being fascinated by what he is saying. >> he is the gift that keeps on giving. >> i wish there was some fact tapping when jeb bush did not get much buzz, he talked about trump and the people pushing for a florida casino project in terms being false but they did, but we did not learn that during the debate. last thought? >> that is always going to happen you try to doughflect -- deflect skit that is where the press comes in on the coverage of who is correct. >> does joe trippi have a crush on trump. >> mildly. mildly. >> i would like to see trump get the nomination. >> but he is a democrat. >> thank you all for joining us.
2:22 pm
ahead, with pope francis about to visit the united states, the media love fest, is it going to meet a whole new level? and hillary clinton yucks it up on "the tonight show."
2:23 pm
2:24 pm
2:25 pm
>> hillary clinton was on face the nation asking questions about benghazi and other subjects the first sunday show in four years. she spoke to cnn and wolf blitzer and is taking questions from real journalists dealing with the e-mail fiasco which may not be damming her to this degree if she engaged with the press much earlier but she has gotten 100 times more attention for dancing with ellen and a thousand times more replays for yucking it up on jimmy fallon's show.
2:26 pm
>> jimmy fall listen is -- jimmy fallon is a total lightweight so i will interview you instead. >> i am curious what is your stand on women issue? >> i know a lot of women. and they all have issues. >> but his actual questions were powder puff pulling her air and asked about taking a selfie with kim kardashian and the e-mail thing? >> what is in the e-mail? can you just say what is in the e-mails? that is all we want to know. if you tell us. >> yeah, yeah. >> most people have gotten bored because they are boring after 10 or 12. thank you is nothing wrong with going on the late night shows which they have been doing since her husband does but stephen colbert conducts real interview
2:27 pm
and he is paid to be funny but couldn't he at least pretend to ask a few substancive questions in exchange for having the potential presidents play along with the skits? carly fiorina gets her turn tonight. >> a sick jet compares jenna lee to a porn store. >> donald trump continues to dominate the airwaves including this morning but is that up pair to the other republican candidates? ilosec otc. one pill each morning. 24 hours. zero heartburn.
2:28 pm
2:29 pm
2:30 pm
usaa makes me feel like in no time at all.xpert there was no stress. it was in and out. and it was just easy. usaa, they just really make sure that you're well taken care of. usaa car buying service. powered by truecar. save money, zero hassle. >> the cable shows have been so filled with trump he is say he has to keep rewriting things thd he went after the pundits. george sell a disaster. a disaster. honestly? another one, karl rove.
2:31 pm
terrible. terrible. he is terrible. he still things that mitt romney won. >> the press, you said last night in dallas that generally speaking unfair to you. do you really believe that? i think generally speaking unfair and i melt some political reporters who are absolute human beings who are liar and some are extremely honorable and talented and really good. >>er is a non-horrible human being, i sad down with ron fournier here in studio one. >> ron fournier, welcome. a lot of chatter that the media made donald trump because the press conferences and speeches are carried live on cnn, fox news, msnbc and they get ratings. is it more complicated than that? >> muc more. the establishment made donald trump. the establishment of the republican party and the democratic party and the media establishment. we have let down voters.
2:32 pm
they are upset with the political and media elite. they have created a huge vacuum for someone to step in and fill the hunger. that is what trump has done, starting with a let down on our part and then it is more complicated. >> it reflects trump's media mastery because he knows how to drive a news cycle and for be interesting and entertaining and insulting enough that when he does give a speech or hold a press conference it is not the typical carefully calculated politician speak which gets the ratings. >> you are hitting on a point that there is symmetry, some commonness in the voter and media. the media and voters love clarity and he gives that. we love covering celebrities and our culture is celebrity-ized. journalists lover what is new, the beginning of the first three leters of new, different,
2:33 pm
argumentor and voters want something new. in addition, the media our biggest bias is not that we are liberal or republican but there is a political bias but the biggest bias are rating, conflict and clicks. we like to get our clicks and you have to have your ratings and we get a bias to conflict. donald trump is giving us all of that, the celebrity, the new. >> he knows how to do it. >> and we say that we fall for that but look at the numbers, "wall street journal" cite add study and cnn2,159 reports on donald trump and only 1,087 on jeb bush and fox news a third more on trump than bush. my question is, however much we might justify it, have we reached the point where this is fundamentally unfair to the other canidates?
2:34 pm
>> i don't know. it is complicated. look, the numbers are out of whack but he is the frontrunner. we are being use the. >> if scott walker was the frontrunner? >> it would be this much coverage on him. >> come on. maybe not the same degree. when the front run certificate in front of the target they get more publicity and it can go both ways. do not forget in addition to the cynical things i mention of the media we want our number one fundamental mission is supposed to be hold the folks accountable. donald trump could be president of the united states. to pull our punches and stepping back and saying we will ignore him is not what we should do. we need to pushily. >> and trump is doing it constantly everything up to howard stern calling in to the shows that do not put him on camera and jeb bush was doing no
2:35 pm
tv news and he gets in all the stories when he talks to the reporter. >> maybe hillary clinton could learn from that, maybe access...but it can help you especially in a time. we will talk how this is a culture phenomenon the age of transparency when all of our leaders and celebrities anyone would we want to be is if our living room and on our palm pilot. donald trump figures that out and realized they want to have access, and i will give it to them. >> he is not hiding behind a curtain but this is constant coverage for failing to correct new hampshire townhall questioner who called president obama a muslim and not american. is the press pumping this up because the pundits do not like donald trump? >> that could be part but isn't it because it is wrong and the president is not a muslim and is a christian? when a candidate especially someone who is frontrunner is saying things that are wrong and
2:36 pm
feeding ignorance and the truth it is our job to trump. >> but trump failed to correct a citizen who said this and it was quite a moment and i was surprised he didn't. >> why? >> the moment seemed right for him. >> there you go and the fact he did not temperatures you something about him. >> look, do not forget the story of our times, the public's anger with politics and whether donald trump last to weeks or two therapies the anger will not go awaying in it is satiated. we need to cover that. >> ron fournier thank you for joining us. >> appreciate you having me. >> after the break, pope francis just wrapped up the trip to cuba and heading to washington, dc on tuesday. he is a media master? >> everyone lives things on facebook but now a "dislike," button is coming.
2:37 pm
♪so nice, so nice ♪sweet, sweet st. thomas nice♪ ♪so nice, so nice ♪st. croix full of pure vibes ♪so nice, so nice ♪st. john a real paradise ♪so nice, so nice ♪proud to be from the virgin islands♪ ♪and the whole place nice to experience your virgin islands "nice", book one of our packages today.
2:38 pm
i've got a nice long life ahead. big plans. so when i found out medicare doesn't pay all my medical expenses, i looked at my options. then i got a medicare supplement insurance plan. [ male announcer ] if you're eligible for medicare, you may know it only covers about 80% of your part b medical expenses. the rest is up to you. call now and find out about an aarp medicare supplement insurance plan, insured by unitedhealthcare insurance company. like all standardized medicare supplement insurance plans, it helps pick up some of what medicare doesn't pay. and could save you in out-of-pocket medical costs. to me, relationships matter. i've been with my doctor for 12 years. now i know i'll be able to stick with him. [ male announcer ] with these types of plans, you'll be able to visit any doctor or hospital that accepts medicare patients. plus, there are no networks,
2:39 pm
and virtually no referrals needed. so don't wait. call now and request this free decision guide to help you better understand medicare... and which aarp medicare supplement plan might be best for you. there's a wide range to choose from. we love to travel - and there's so much more to see. so we found a plan that can travel with us. anywhere in the country. [ male announcer ] join the millions of people who have already enrolled in the only medicare supplement insurance plans endorsed by aarp, an organization serving the needs of people 50 and over for generations. remember, all medicare supplement insurance plans help cover what medicare doesn't pay. and could save you in out-of-pocket medical costs. call now to request your free decision guide. and learn more about the kinds of plans that will be here for you now - and down the road. i have a lifetime of experience. so i know how important that is.
2:40 pm
>> pope francis finish add mass in havana with tens of thousands attending. he will arrive in washington, dc in two days with a packed schedule from white house visit to an address to congress to meeting with the poor people at catholic charities. the media anticipation is building. how has this remarkably popular pope used the bleed to spread
2:41 pm
his message? we have lauren green the religion correspondent for fox and in washington, father reese with the national catholic reporter. pope is showing a message of tolerance and inclusive style. "new york times", humble pope challenging the world. how much of the impact is due to the way the media cover him? >> the great deal, the med is having an identity crisis were they like his personal touches, the humble appeal but they ignore the things that are much more conservative. remember the phrase, catholics don't need to breed like rabbits, everyone knew about that. but weeks later, how many reported on the fact he said the choice of not to have children is selfish. no one heard that. this is the problem with covering pope francis, they like liberal things, they like the
2:42 pm
appealing of them but ignore what sounds like straight out of the his playbook. >> father reese when the pope talks about climate change or talks about easing the fast tracking of marriage annulments and when he talks about a year where it is easier for women to be forgiven or absolved for having an abortion that get as lot of play in the press but do the more conservative positions get minimized? or ignored? >> the pope said that he doesn't want to obsess over abortion, gay marriage and birth control. he has made clear that the priorities he wants to emphasize are care for the pool, care for the environment, working for peace around the world. these have been his priors from the very beginning. now, has he changed the church's teaching? >> absolutely not. >> but he changed the tone? he changed the tone and the
2:43 pm
priorities. it is more compassionate and welcoming and loving tone. not adjustmental tone we had in the past. >> lauren do you suggest when the pope says some that could be seen as more conservative that they are deliberately laying down by the press or just maybe subconsciously because many journalists lean left and like the message that is seen as the more liberal message? >> it is kind of both. something that he said in his message in cuba, just today he talks about the logic of love. these things, it is a pair dome, how do you talk about the logic of love? that is what pope francis is about, the understanding of how to love people but not letting go of law and not saying these two are mutally exclusive. they are really brought together. this is the message that is hard for media to grasp because it doesn't say that they are categories. they like neat boxes to put
2:44 pm
people, either liberal or conservative or republican or democrat. pope francis is glossing over those terms and the media is having a hard time figuring out what he is about. >> some of the republicans in the building behind you have spoken out against the pope for the lengthy treatise on climate change. will he get embroiled in politics? high wants to be above politics. three does not want to get into choosing sides in the partisan debate we have. around oh, he comes as a moral leader, a profit, -- prophet and he has to challenge us and talk how we should welcome immigrants and care for the poor, we should presbyterian the environment. some people are not going to like to hear that. he has been talking about those issues since he first got elected. >> lauren, on the way the media cover pope francis i am struck
2:45 pm
by the fact he has given a number of interviews and is on twitter with millions and millions of followers in nine languages and at the same time he is he is from argentina and never been to america. will this visit to washington, dc, and philadelphia and not containing -- new york change that? >> it might. will america change pope francis or will pope francis change america? >> his whole understanding of wealth and poverty has to do with his experience in latin american where you have extremes. he does not see the sort of middle class or poor person picking himself up by the bootstraps and achieving something in south america in the land of liberty that gives people the opportunity. he is not exposed to that. he has been exposed to an oppressive ruling country.
2:46 pm
ruling class. that oppresses the poor. that is his understanding of it. >> this is a conversation to toe continued with the heavy coverage that pope francis will be receiving. >> thank you both for stopping by sunday. ahead, a british foreign actress take heat for saying a republican debate tempted her to give up her american citizenship but this is a reason that jenna lee asked her fans what dress she should wear to the interview and she responded to conan o'brian's offensive humor in a moment. oh, look. we have a bunch of...
2:47 pm
announcer: babies who are talked to from the time they're born are more likely to have a successful future. talking and reading to children in their first years has a huge impact on what they do with the rest of their lives.
2:48 pm
the fewer words they hear, the greater their chances of dropping out of school and getting into trouble. talk. read. sing. your words have the power to shape their world. learn more at first5california.com/parents
2:49 pm
from and the people whought you underwhelbrought youet speeds. temperamental satellite television. introducing... underwhelming internet speeds and temperamental television... in one. welcome to the moment no one's been waiting for. the fastest internet and the best tv experience is already here with x1. only from xfinity. >> the women who work at fox have to deal with their fair of jokes but cone went way over
2:50 pm
top. >> this did not sell called fox news anchor or porn star. thank you was jenny lee and she decided to speak out on facebook as a wife and new mom this sin appropriate and it is clearly ridiculous and brings up a truth, some women feel to need to address and look like porn stars could it be the more provocative they look the more followers necessity get. more body should never be more pound than my body of work. respoke to the co-anchor of "happening now," from new york. >> welcome, jenna lee. >> do you not usually seek out the limelight why are you speaking out against this conan o'brian joke? you have to have a great sense of humor but at a certain point i believe silence makes
2:51 pm
you coplicit and maybe it was just a random tuesday and i felt like i needed to say something but this is the moment i felt i could not be silent. >> it resonated but you have a moss step's from columbia and gone behind the scenes with the f.b.i. and do you feel that no matter what you accomplish professionally this would be some who would say she is on tv because she is a pretty face? >> being on television is a visual medium people look at how you look. that comes with the territory and i am not too worried about that. i do want to make sure i continue to two a lot of interesting projects because at the end of the day the viewers are the most important. we want to make sure we put the best product out there. part of that is looking good and looking professional but part of it is rowing a great product. >> there are distractions and you say in facebook you dress conservatively and you say, also, that some women in tv news
2:52 pm
do dress like porn stars so my question is, does the culture as you hinted at encourage that sex self fog tv? >> i don't believe in the culture making anyone do anything. it is important women take full responsibility and are fully accountable for the decisions they make on television because we are dealing with a left different variables and people focus on how we look. i would encourage all women and especially the younger people to think how they present themselves because it marries. i have made mistakes and i look back at what i wore when i first started i think the skirts are too short and i learned from that. >> why did you do that trying to impress the bosses or the audience? >> i wasn't. part of it is the style was skirts were short. so you follow some of the style and you figure out what actually works on television but i was a
2:53 pm
lot younger, in my mid-20s 10 and you make different decisions but now in my 30's i am comfortable with a evening althougher him line and i think i will be. >> i think it would be frustrating to work as hard as you do at your job and have a porn star joke. do you think cone cope owes you an apology? >> he was trying to be funny. he failed. clearly. a lot of viewers who weighed in did not think it was that funny. my point has been received well and a lost young women and even some of the men around the office have comments they appreciated my response. i go back to something that we see in news very often, bad behavior is allowed because good people don't say anything and i felt this was a good opportunity to say something and i hope a lot of the young people trying to come up in a career think about behalf it takes to be a professional woman and to be
2:54 pm
successful and realize they do not have to dress provocatively to be a success. >> your message has resonated. nice dress, i know you asked your fans on instagram what to wear. good choice. >> you look great, too, by the way. >> thank you for that. ry
2:55 pm
2:56 pm
2:57 pm
>> i ask you to "like," our facebook but now facebook c.e.o. mark zuckerberg is planning to add something more like thumb's down. >> people have asked about "dislike," button for many years and we did not want to build a dislike button because we do not want to turn facebook into
2:58 pm
a...a forum where people are voting up or down on people's posts. right? some of you said open facebook you like the idea of the dislike but most say it make it more negative and used for bullying or political purposes. >> i agree it would make it more polarizing but those who need a button to say you hate stuff your moment coming. >> continue tweets, have the media fairly covered donald trump on muslims in new hampshire? >> one said, no, i didn't know demands for obama to apologize for hazily followers say and much worse. >> another, why is it trump's problem to stand up? what proof does he say the questioner is wrong? and another, not really, it was crazy question and trump handled it okay, it could be better but he is not a politician. >> employ, the -- and comments about a republican cam payment in a vomit.
2:59 pm
>> i became an person citizen and that night we watched the republican debate. i thought, this was a terrible mistake a have i done. >> if fairness i thought she was joking around but she said she is an elizabeth warren supporter >> i know you wanted to say --. >> it was so not the intention to hurt anyone or, of course any offense be i apologize to those that i caused offense just an offhand joke. >> that wasn't just an apology she got to promote the new movie. that is it for "media buzz," i am howard kurtz, you can e-mail the show and ask our media question and make a media
3:00 pm
comment the i read them all. i may respond. we are back here next sunday at 11 o'clock and 5 p.m. eastern with the latest buzz. >> i am chris wallace, today the consensus winner of the republican debate, carly fiorina, only on fox news sunday. >> problems have pheses stepped for too long and the potential of the nation is being crushed. mr. trump is a wonderful entertainer, he has been terrific at that business. >> if you want to stump a democrat ask them to make an accomplishment of mrs. clinton. >> we go inside her campaign to see her upclose and personal and watch as she tries to capitalize on her break out. ance. >> will with, that is the william who is running for president. >> we will sit with the new g.o.p. candidate to discuss

119 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on